"Go from a human doing yoga, to a human being yoga." --Baron Baptiste
We are all already teachers. TRUE U Namaspa 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training places the emphasis on teaching yoga as a way to get powerful in all areas of your life. Whether you want to lead studio classes or deepen your own practice by embodying yoga in your family or workplace, you will learn to authentically express and share of yourself, connect with others and create positive change in the world – skills applicable to any leadership role in or out of a yoga studio.
MODULE DATES & TIMES for 2019-20: Fridays, 5:30-9:30p, Saturday & Sunday, 8a-6p, Bend Studio except as noted
- September 27-29, 2019
- October 11-13, 2019
- November 1-3, 2019 - note, this weekend will take place in our REDMOND studio
- December 6-8, 2019
- January 17-19, 2020
- February 7-9, 2020
- February 28-March 1, 2020
The program also includes the 40 Days to Personal Revolution Program, with 6 one-hour meetings starting Sunday October 6, 4-5:15pm in the Bend Studio, Monday October 7, 7-8:15pm ONLINE VIA ZOOM, or Tuesday October 8 7-8:15pm in BOTH the Bend and Redmond studios. We ask that you choose one group as your "home" group, and you can use other meetings as makeups as needed.
- Learn to design and teach a challenging power vinyasa yoga class in the tradition of Baron Baptiste, as well Gentle Flow, Restorative, Yin and Yoga Nidra.
- Learn basic anatomy and physiology as it applies to specific yoga poses and common injuries
- Learn the breakdown, alignment, modifications, and sequencing of postures
- Learn how to assist, evaluate bodies physically, emotionally and prevent injuries
- Learn ujjayi and other pranayama breathing techniques to incorporate into your class
- Participate in practice-teaching sessions, intimate study groups, observing and assisting classes
- Yoga philosophy that will guide you in your daily life
- Learn yogas roots or beginnings and compare/contrast Eastern and Western practices
- Learn the lifestyles and ethics for yoga teachers
- Learn effective presentation and communication skills to teach to different levels of health and ability
180 Contact Hours | 20 Non-Contact Hours
- Techniques ~ 100 hours
- Teaching Methodology ~ 25 hours
- Anatomy and Physiology ~ 20 hours
- Philosophy/Ethics/Lifestyle ~ 30 hours
- Practicum ~ 25 hours
Required Reading - Please read these in advance of your sessions to further your learning and that of your classmates:
- Journey Into Power by Baron Baptiste
- Being of Power by Baron Baptiste
- Perfectly Imperfect by Baron Baptiste
- 40 Days to Your Personal Revolution by Baron Baptiste
- Yamas and Niyamas by Deborah Adele
- The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga: The Philosophy and Practice of Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark
- The Yoga Sutras (any translation you prefer). We really like The Wisdom of Yoga by Stephen Cope (includes a translation of the yoga sutras in the back.)
- The Key Muscles of Yogas, Volume 1 by Ray Long
- Anatomy and Asana: Preventing Yoga Injuries by Susi Hately Aldous
Recommended Reading – These books will also be referred to in this program:
- Yin Yoga: Principles and Practice by Paul Grilley
- Bhagavad Gita (any translation you prefer)
- Wheels of Life: The Classic Guide to the Chakra System by Anodea Judith
- The Key Poses of Yoga, Volume 2 by Ray Long
- $400 non-refundable application deposit due at the time your application is submitted. This deposit will be applied towards your tuition once the program begins.
- Payment plan available and will incur a $30 charge for each payment made.
*No refunds on tuition once program has started.