TRUE U 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
TRUE U Namaspa 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training places the emphasis on teaching yoga as a way to get powerful in all areas of your life. Whether you want to lead studio or Zoom classes or deepen your own practice by embodying yoga in your family or workplace, you will learn to authentically express and share of yourself, connect with others and create positive change in the world – skills applicable to any leadership role in or out of a yoga studio. If you are ready to step up and positively influence people's lives—including your own—this training is for the TRUE U!
"Go from a human doing yoga, to a human being yoga." --Baron Baptiste
MODULE DATES & TIMES for 2020-21: Fridays, 5:30-9:30pm, Saturday & Sunday, 9a-6p (see below for additional Monday online modules):
- September 25-27, 2020
- October 9-11, 2020
- November 13-15, 2020
- December 11-13, 2020
- January 15-17, 2021
- February 19-21, 2021
- March 1 5-7, 2021
Modules will be a mix of in-person classes in our Bend studio, as well as live via Zoom. All in-person classes will also be broadcast via Zoom, so it is possible to telecommute for the entire program.
The program also includes the 40 Days to Personal Revolution Program, with 7-75 minute meetings starting Tuesday October 6, 7-8:15pm in live via Zoom.
Additionally, we will hold additional modules online via Zoom on these Mondays, 5:30-8:30pm: October 5, October 19, November 2, November 23, December 7, December 21, January 4, January 25, March 1
- Learn to teach a challenging power vinyasa yoga class in the tradition of Baron Baptiste, as well Healing Flow, Vin/Yin, Evoke Energy Yin Yoga and Yoga Nidra - both live in studio and online via Zoom.
- Learn to authentically use your voice and express yourself openly, connect with others and live your life according to your dreams and goals - not based on what people told you you should do.
- Learn the tools to create contribution and be a catalyst for change in the world right now.
- Learn basic anatomy and physiology as it applies to specific yoga poses and common injuries
- Learn the breakdown, alignment, modifications, and sequencing of postures
- Learn how to assist, evaluate bodies physically, emotionally and prevent injuries
- Learn pranayama breathing techniques to incorporate into your class
- Participate in practice-teaching sessions, intimate study groups, observing and assisting classes
- Yoga philosophy that will guide you in your daily life
- Learn yogas roots or beginnings and compare/contrast Eastern and Western practices
- Learn the lifestyles and ethics for yoga teachers
- Learn effective presentation and communication skills to teach to different levels of health and ability
- Learn about the business of yoga
Required Reading - Please read these in advance of your sessions to further your learning and that of your classmates:
- Journey Into Power by Baron Baptiste
- Being of Power by Baron Baptiste
- Perfectly Imperfect by Baron Baptiste
- 40 Days to Your Personal Revolution by Baron Baptiste
- Yamas and Niyamas by Deborah Adele
- The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga: The Philosophy and Practice of Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark
- The Yoga Sutras (any translation you prefer). We really like The Wisdom of Yoga by Stephen Cope (includes a translation of the yoga sutras in the back.)
- The Key Poses of Yoga, Volume 1 by Ray Long
- Anatomy and Asana: Preventing Yoga Injuries by Susi Hately Aldous
Recommended Reading – These books will also be referred to in this program:
- Yin Yoga: Principles and Practice by Paul Grilley
- Bhagavad Gita (any translation you prefer)
- Wheels of Life: The Classic Guide to the Chakra System by Anodea Judith
- The Key Poses of Yoga, Volume 2 by Ray Long
- $400 non-refundable application deposit due at the time your application is submitted. This deposit will be applied towards your tuition once the program begins.
- Payment plan available and will incur a $30 charge for each payment made.
*No refunds on tuition once program has started.