"Go from a human doing yoga, to a human being yoga." --Baron Baptiste
We are all already teachers. TRUE U Namaspa 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training places the emphasis on teaching yoga as a way to get powerful in all areas of your life. Whether you want to lead studio classes or deepen your own practice by embodying yoga in your family or workplace, you will learn to authentically express and share of yourself, connect with others and create positive change in the world – skills applicable to any leadership role in or out of a yoga studio.
If you are ready to step up and positively influence people's lives, this training is for the TRUE U!
Facilitated by Brandy Berlin
2020 Module Schedule
Module 1: Wednesday, June 24-Monday,June 29 // Module 2: Wednesday,July 29-Monday,August 3
- Wednesdays, 5pm-10pm** (Bend Studio) (June 24th begins at 2pm)
- Thursdays, 8am-10pm (Outside @Camp Glandy--weather permitting)
- Fridays, 8am-10pm (Bend Studio)
- Saturdays, 8am-10pm (Bend Studio)
- Sundays, 8am-10pm (Bend Studio)
- Mondays, 8am-12pm (Outside @Camp Glandy--weather permitting)
The program also includes the 40 Days to Personal Revolution Program, with 6-75 minute Live Zoom Video meetings starting Tuesday June 30, 7-8:15p.
SIGN-UP OPTION/INCENTIVE: For the first 3 people tp sign up and pay in full - for an additional $200, you can participate in the NEW: The Baptiste Instructor Credential Course, April 4-5, 2020 (tuition of $489, normally $689). Please reach out to [email protected] for more information.
- Learn to design and teach a challenging power vinyasa yoga class in the tradition of Baron Baptiste, as well Healing Flow, Evoke Energy Yin Yoga, Yoga Nidra and Chair Yoga.
- Learn basic anatomy and physiology as it applies to specific yoga poses and common injuries
- Learn the breakdown, alignment, modifications, and sequencing of postures
- Learn how to assist, evaluate bodies physically, emotionally and prevent injuries
- Learn ujjayi and other pranayama breathing techniques to incorporate into your class
- Participate in practice-teaching sessions, intimate study groups, observing and assisting classes
- Yoga philosophy that will guide you in your daily life
- Learn yoga's roots or beginnings and compare/contrast Eastern and Western practices
- Learn the lifestyles and ethics for yoga teachers
- Learn effective presentation and communication skills to teach to different levels of health and ability
- Learn the business of yoga and how to run your own studio
180 Contact Hours // 20 Online Meeting Hours/Non-Contact Hours (includes time outside/in between each intensive module and includes, Zoom video calls, reading and writing homework assignments, group assignments and activities)
- Techniques ~ 100 hours
- Teaching Methodology ~ 25 hours
- Anatomy and Physiology ~ 20 hours
- Philosophy/Ethics/Lifestyle ~ 30 hours
- Practicum ~ 25 hours
Program Requirements / Graduation Requirements– In order to receive your 200hr Certification, you must:
- Pre-requisite: 6 months minimum practice at Namaspa Power Yoga, or Completed Level 1 Teacher Training from Baron Baptiste, or permission from Brandy Berlin
- 100% attendance to all scheduled classes (make up sessions may be scheduled with Brandy at $75 per hour)
- Complete the Digital 40 Days to Personal Revolution Program, including all 6 meetings
- Practice teach in at least 15 Community Classes and assist in 5 classes (or approved makeup classes), teaching each section of the JIP sequence at least once. // Tuesday/Thursday 4pm, Sunday 5:30pm, Wednesday 7-8p (makeup times available for commuters)
- Attend 40 regularly scheduled classes at Namaspa or other approved studio (50% discount on all yoga passes and memberships to YTT students)
- Complete all individual and group reading and writing assignments.
Required Reading - Please read these in advance of your sessions to further your learning and that of your classmates:
- Journey Into Power by Baron Baptiste
- Being of Power by Baron Baptiste
- Perfectly Imperfect by Baron Baptiste
- 40 Days to Your Personal Revolution by Baron Baptiste
- Yamas and Niyamas by Deborah Adele
- Yin Sights by Bernie Clark
- The Yoga Sutras (any translation you prefer). We really like The Wisdom of Yoga by Stephen Cope (includes a translation of the yoga sutras in the back.
- The Key Muscles of Yoga, Volume 1 by Ray Long
- Anatomy and Asana: Preventing Yoga Injuries by Susie Hately Aldous
- Subscribe to and utilize https://insighttimer.com/premium from June-August 2020 (at the minimum and before if enrolled early)
Recommended Reading – These books will also be referred to in this program:
- Bhagavad Gita (any translation you prefer)
- Wheels of Life: The Classic Guide to the Chakra System by Anodea Judith
- $2,800 (if you choose to participate in the The Baptiste Instructor Credential Course, April 4-5, 2020 prior to the training--limited to first 3 paid in full sign-ups)
- $400 non-refundable application deposit due at the time your application is submitted. This deposit will be applied towards your tuition once the program begins.
- $200 discount if tuition is paid in full by May 1, 2020
- Payment plan available and will incur a $30 charge for each payment made.
- Scholarships available for full-time high school and college students. Please contact [email protected] for details.
*No refunds on tuition once program has started.