300 Hour Yoga Teacher Professional Training
Namaspa's TRUE U Yoga Teacher Training places the emphasis on teaching yoga as a way to get powerful in all areas of your life. Whether you want to lead studio classes or deepen your own practice by embodying yoga in your family or workplace, you will learn to authentically express and share of yourself, connect with others and create positive change in the world – skills applicable to any leadership role in or out of a yoga studio.
Take your teaching to the next level with concrete principles, tools and techniques to help you share your love and passion with your students!
Already a 200 Hour Certified Yoga Alliance Teacher?
Our Namaspa 300 Hour Registered Yoga School is for teachers who already have their RYT200 Hour Certification through Yoga Alliance and are looking to learn or deepen their experience of Baptiste Methodology, Yin, Restorative and Yoga Nidra. You will practice and receive feedback on content developed by Baron Baptiste and taught only to his most senior teachers. You will come out with new tools and language for giving feedback to help lift your students and fellow teachers to higher levels!
If you already have your RYT200 Hour from another non-Namaspa program, you can fulfill up to 100 of of 300 hours needed for your RYT500 by completing the first 6 days of our TRUE U 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training. We offer this training twice a year in the Fall/Winter in a one weekend a month format (Friday evening-Sunday) from September-March and also as a Spring Immersion Training offered in two 6-day modules in April through May.This option still gets you grounded in the methodology and leaves you plenty of room to explore other areas.
So, whether you choose to do the full 200 Hour TRUE U YTT toward your 500, or just the first 6 days, 500 Hour students may also participate in Advanced Yoga Teacher Training One Day Immersions and workshops that will fulfill the additional 300 Hour requirement to become a 500 Hour Certified Yoga Teacher. In other words, you have options! Please reach out to us to discuss how we can best empower you on your journey and support you in fulfillment of your RYT500.
What is a "yoga teacher professional"?
We are all already teachers. A yoga teacher professional is someone who applies and uses the philosophy, principles and practices of yoga as platform from which to launch into a fiscally, emotionally and spiritually satisfying career. What that looks like is up to each individual and is only limited by the scope of your imagination. For some that may be earning a living as yoga teacher leading classes, workshops, trainings, retreats and people toward the highest expression of their potential and purpose. For others, it may mean intrinsically integrating yoga into the way you manage your business or your family. No matter how you apply it, it all begins with a mindset. I am a teacher. I am a professional. I am a yoga teacher professional--a human connection specialist.
If you have already earned your 200 Hour from Namaspa Yoga School, the Namaspa 300/500 Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Professional Training is an approximately two year program (or longer depending on your needs) and consists of some required elements, but the much of it is left as electives so you can also chose to pursue studies based on your individual interests as a yoga teacher and professional.
This program is certified through Yoga Alliance. Please fill out the Teacher Training Application and submit your $300 deposit to hold your space. Please see the 200 Hour YTT page for more information on the dates of the program.
Cost of each One Day Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Immersion: $135
Namaspa Post Graduate Internship Program
After graduating from Namaspa's 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, new graduates who wish to be part of our teaching team have the opportunity to participate in our Internship Program and then our Year 1 & 2 Teacher Program. Recent YTT graduates will begin as a 'Teaching Intern' with the following requirements:
- Completion of Namaspa 200 hr. Teacher Training or Baptiste Level 1 Teacher Training and clearance from Namaspa Lead Trainers
- Teach a minimum of 10 power classes (including Community Classes) to be considered for promotion to Level 1 Teacher for power classes. Full classes could also be taught while still in the YTT program.
- Teach a minimum of 3 Yin/Restorative/Nidra to be considered for promotion to Level 1 Teacher for Yin, Restorative, Nidra classes. Full classes could also be taught while still in the YTT program.
- Teaching Interns need to get written feedback using the Teacher Empowerment Feedback Form for the 10 Power and 3 Yin, Restorative or Nidra classes. If no 500hr teachers are available to provide written feedback then Teaching Interns must record their class via Voice Record Pro (app) and send it via email to Suzie, Brandy or Kelly for feedback.
You are Qualified for:
- Teaching Children’s classes, Yin /Restorative/Nidra Classes (with appropriate training), and subbing Lite classes and Power Vinyasa classes.
- Receiving a wooden nickel pass for each regularly scheduled (not Community Class) you substitute teach while an intern.
- Teaching hours with written feedback count toward 300hr Certification (maximum of 40 hours; hour includes class time, 30 mins for set up and 15 mins for feedback after class);
- Employment Status: Intern - Unpaid.
Year 1 & 2 Teacher Program
In order to support the newer teachers fresh out of our Intern Program, we offer special quarterly trainings on a Sunday in our Redmond studio from 11a-3p. This is free to all Interns and Year 1 & 2 Teachers.
Regular check-in meetings with RYT500 teachers will also allow for organic growth as you refine your craft and also refine and redefine your life's vision based on your needs, experiences and intuition.
For those who desire to make teaching yoga classes, workshops and retreats their primary income stream, specific courses within the 300 Hour will prepare you to cultivate this career pathway. Namaspa's Corporate Yoga partnerships provide opportunities to earn additional income teaching in Central Oregon businesses, and our non-profit, Namaspa Foundation, pays teachers to lead classes at local schools, jails, and recovery centers further deepening your experience and professional resume.
To begin the process APPLY HERE. Please specify you are applying for the 300hr program and we will follow up with you directly.