OUR CORE VALUES
Unity. Integrity. Empowerment.
OUR MISSION MANTRAS
In the Namaspa yoga & wellness community we:
- Create Inclusiveness and Accessibility
- Hold a Safe Space for Discovery
- Speak The Truth from Love
Namaspa’s intent is to assist everyone who enters our space to enhance their power - the ability to live at their full potential and to realize their life's mission through peaceful action.
- As a member of the Namaspa team, I promise to create a safe space for all students to be at home and at ease, where they can be themselves and feel accepted for who they are.
- I pledge to see the divine light within others at this studio and to treat them accordingly, with respect, love and compassion. If I have an issue with another person, my first course of action will be to speak directly to him or her about it, as I would a brother or sister, in an accountable fashion to find a peaceful solution.
- I pledge to work and interact with others in accordance with the ethics of yoga practice, in particular
- Nonviolence: I will practice acceptance and compassion for myself and others, ensuring that my actions are kind and helpful, with an awareness to avoid creating injury or destruction of any kind.
- Non-lying: I commit to speaking words derived from honesty, truth and love, and not speaking words that derive from deception, assumption, exaggeration or creating or furthering gossip.
- Non-stealing: I commit not to take anything that has not been freely given, including the time, resources and possessions of others.
- Non-harassing: I will not use my sexual energy to harass, exploit or intimidate anyone at any time.
- Non-grasping: I will embrace the continuous flow of change in our environment and embrace and encourage this for myself and others around me.
- I acknowledge and agree to fulfill the responsibilities of my role at Namaspa with the full understanding of the task, the results and the example set for others. As such, I acknowledge that I am a teacher here, teaching empowerment of others, regardless of my current role, and regardless of whether or not I am on my mat, at the check-in desk or interacting with students.
- In summary, I pledge to continue to make myself good, the studio good and the teachers, students and volunteers good, in all words and actions.