February 1-3, May 3-5, August 2-4, November 1-3, 2019
This four module teacher training meets in February, May, August & November, with additional practicum hours and self study will complete your Yoga Alliance approved 95 Hour Children’s Yoga Teacher Training.
This comprehensive teacher training is for parents, caregivers, yoga teachers and educators who want to share the benefits of yoga and mindfulness with children. Each weekend will give you tools to optimize your offering for various ages, group sizes, and settings, while giving you the opportunity to embody empowerment, relaxation, and practice teaching.
Our weekend format and schedules are designed to support your personal rejuvenation and self care. From this wellspring you can meet the children in your life with equanimity, patience, and presence.
This course will cover:
* Basics of yoga philosophy and mindfulness delightfully translated for youth
* Guided meditations, breath exercises, partner yoga and mindful games
* Foundations of Non-Violent Communication
* Developmental Patterns & Anatomy
* Practice Teaching & Feedback
* Science based evidence for why and how these tools work
*Attending all four modules, with self-study and practicum hours will complete your 95 hour Yoga Alliance approved certification.
Each weekend will focus on the following:
* Basics of Yoga Philosophy: Satya & Ahimsa
* Teaching Tools: Song & Sound
* Practice Teaching: Sun Salutes & Story Vinyasa
* Developmental Patterns Ages 0-6 years old
* Anatomy: Bone & Muscle
* Teaching Tools: Peak Pose
* Abuse Awareness & Prevention
* Practice Teaching: Mindful Games & Poses
* Developmental Patterns Ages 7-10 years old
* Anatomy: Respiration & Circulation
* Yoga Philosophy: Asteya & Brahmacharya
* Translating Yoga for Schools
* Teaching Tools: Using Themes
* Bully Prevention
* Practice Teaching: Chair Yoga & Meditation
* Developing Curriculum
* Anatomy: Nervous System
* Teaching Tools: Creative Movement, Writing & Art
* Practice Teaching: Lesson Plans
* Developmental Patterns Ages PreTeen & Teen
* Concepts of Social Justice & Inclusivity
* Anatomy: Immune & Chakra Systems
* Yoga Philosophy: Saucha, Santosha, Tapas
REQUIRED READING (sections of the following):
The Yamas & Niyamas By Deborah Adele; YAMI YOGI MANUAL by Deven Sisler (available for purchase at Namaspa); Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life 3rd Edition by Marshall Rosenberg; How to Talk so Kids Can Learn By Adele Faber
February, May, November 2019
Fridays 5p-8:30p; Saturdays 1:30-4:30p/5:30-8:30p; Sundays 10a-2:30p/3:30p-6:30p
August Friday 9a-1p/2:30-6:30p; Saturday 1:30p-4:30p/5:30p-8:30p; Sunday 10:30a-2p/3-6:30p
$1470, $1320 before Friday January 11, 2019 | Current Namaspa Teachers & Staff: 10% off | Current Educators: 10% off
Payment plans, scholarships and limited work-study positions available. 10% discount for educators, Namaspa teachers & staff. Email [email protected] to process.
HOW TO REGISTER
Deven Sisler founded the Yoga and Mindfulness Institute (YAMI) in 2015 with the hope of making fitness, fun and relaxation accessible for children and families through yoga, AcroYoga & meditation. She has been teaching children and families for over two decades, and continues to offer classes, workshops and empowering teacher trainings. Find her online at YogaAnytime.com, use her code DEVEN for a free 30 day trial!