TRUE U Namaspa 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training places the emphasis on TEACHING. You will learn to authentically express and share of yourself, connect with others and create positive change in the world – skills applicable to any leadership role in or out of a yoga studio. This program is powerful stuff.
IF YOU ARE READY TO STEP UP AND POSITIVELY INFLUENCE PEOPLES LIVES, THIS TRAINING IS FOR THE TRUE U!
- Learn to design and teach a challenging power vinyasa yoga class in the tradition of Baron Baptiste, as well Gentle Flow, Yin and Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra.
- Learn basic anatomy and physiology as it applies to specific yoga poses and common injuries
- Learn the breakdown, alignment, modifications, and sequencing of postures
- Learn how to assist, evaluate bodies physically, emotionally and prevent injuries
- Learn ujjayi and other pranayama breathing techniques to incorporate into your class
- Participate in practice-teaching sessions, intimate study groups, observing and assisting classes
- Yoga philosophy that will guide you in your daily life
- Learn yoga's roots or beginnings and compare/contrast Eastern and Western practices
- Learn the lifestyles and ethics for yoga teachers
- Learn effective presentation and communication skills to teach to different levels of health and ability
180 Contact Hours // 20 Online Meeting Hours // 20 Non-Contact Hours (includes time outside/in between each intensive module and includes, Zoom video calls, reading and writing homework assignments, group assignments and activities)
- Techniques ~ 100 hours
- Teaching Methodology ~ 25 hours
- Anatomy and Physiology ~ 20 hours
- Philosophy/Ethics/Lifestyle ~ 30 hours
- Practicum ~ 25 hours
Program Requirements / Graduation Requirements– In order to receive your 200hr Certification, you must:
- Pre-requisite: 6 months minimum practice at Namaspa Power Yoga, or Completed Level 1 Teacher Training from Baron Baptiste, or permission from Suzie Newcome or Brandy Berlin
- 100% attendance to all scheduled classes (make up sessions may be scheduled with Brandy at $75 per hour)
- Complete the 40 Days to Personal Revolution Program, including all 7 meetings
- Practice teach in at least 15 Community Classes and assist in 5 classes (or approved makeup classes), teaching each section of the JIP sequence at least once. // Tuesday/Thursday 4pm, Sunday 5:30pm (makeup times available for commuters)
- Attend 40 regularly scheduled classes at Namaspa or other approved studio (50% discount on all yoga passes and memberships to YTT students)
- Complete all individual and group reading and writing assignments
- Pass the final exam with a 70% or higher score
Required Reading - These books will be reviewed in their entirety. Please read them in advance of your sessions to further your learning and that of your classmates:
- Journey Into Power, by Baron Baptiste
- Being of Power by Baron Baptiste
- Perfectly Imperfect by Baron Baptiste
- 40 Days to Your Personal Revolution, by Baron Baptiste
- Yamas and Niyamas by Deborah Adele
- The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga: The Philosophy and Practice of Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark
- Wisdom of Yoga, by Stephen Cope (includes a translation of the yoga sutras in the back)
- The Key Poses of Yogas, Volume 2, Ray Long
- Anatomy and Asana, Preventing Yoga Injuries by Susi Hately Aldous
Recommended Reading – These books will also be referred to in this program:
- Bhagavad Gita (any translation you prefer)
- Wheels of Life: A User's Guide to the Chakra System by Anodea Judith
- Kripalu Yoga: A Guide to Practice On and Off the Mat by Richard Faulds
- $300 non-refundable application deposit due at the time your application is submitted. This deposit will be applied towards your tuition once the program begins.
- $200 discount if tuition is paid in full by February 15, 2018
- Payment plan available and will incur a $30 charge for each payment made.
*No refunds on tuition once program has started.