GUATAMALA YOGA ADVENTURE with Suzie Newcome
January 19th-27th, 2019
A 9 day yoga retreat on Lake Atitlan, “The most beautiful lake in the world” ~ Aldous Huxley.
Join us for this soul cleansing and lifting retreat at the store of one of the most beautiful lakes in the world, Lake Atitlan, Guatemala. Suzie Newcome will offer yoga classes will be offered twice daily, with an invigorating practice in the morning and a restful, meditative stretch at night. During the day, you can choose to participate in activities included in the fee, or relaxing at the house poolside with a stack of magazines and a cool hibiscus sweet tea.
- Housing: You'll stay in absolute comfort in an impeccable five-suite hacienda set in a walled compound only three minutes walking from the lake. Each of the five suites is unique. There are four suites with the option of two singles or a king bed. One suite on the main floor boasts a full bed with a writing desk and library. The grounds are meticulously manicured, adorned with with banana, avocado, coffee and technicolor floral blooms. Of course, there's a pool, complete with gorgeous views over the lake.
- Yoga every day, twice a day looking over Lake Atitlan. Daily themes and inquiry questions for reflection and spiritual expansion during the days' activities.
- Meals - the foods you’ll enjoy are some of the freshest you’ll ever have. Every day, the meals are a ‘farm-to-table’ experience. Papaya and bananas so sweet you’ll think you are dreaming. Pick an avocado from the tree, peel it and eat it as you are lost in wonder with the aroma of the nearby guava tree. Savor the subtle flavor of herbs so fresh you’ll swear they were picked an arms length away – which, they were. Delicious meals at local restaurants made with the same fresh ingredients and local talent. We'll share house made local favorites of traditional Mayan fair including grilled chicken, veggies and hand made tortillas.
- Beverages: on-site wine, spirits, beer, soft-drinks.
- Activities and transportation to-from:
- Zip-lining 300 meters over the canopy of a rainforest complete with monkeys, avocado trees, banana trees and vivid views of lake Atitlan
- A yoga 'off the mat' experience to give back to the Mayan community
- Share a Mayan home-cooked meal under the guidance of Stewart, your resident food and beverage professional
- Hiking, museums, kayaking
- Tour guides, translators
- Ground transportation to and from the airport, water taxis, tuk-tuks, chicken buses are all included in the package rate.
Your tour hosts are Suzie Newcome & Stewart and PJ Fritchman.
- Your Namaspa Yoga facilitator is Suzie Newcome, founder and co-owner of Namaspa, E-RYT500, and a Senior Certified Baptiste Yoga Teacher who has Facilitated and Assisted Baptiste programs Internationally and led the Namaspa 200hr Yoga Teacher Training over the past 10 years. Suzie is also a Certified Kripalu Teacher, and creates classes perfect for the needs of the students, including power vinyasa flow, gentle flow, Yin yoga, breath exercises and seated meditation.
- PJ Fritchman is a seasoned traveler over the last 30 years and a 200 hour certified yoga instructor teaching Yoga Nidra, All Levels Flow and Yin Yoga at Namaspa.
- Stewart Fritchman is a coffee professional of 24 years. He owns Bend, Oregon’s BELLATAZZA coffee roasting and a landmark café in downtown Bend, Oregon. Both Stewart and PJ have lead many tours to the lake sharing their love of Yoga, Mayan culture, coffee, adventures and the beauty of Lake Atitlan.
Guatemaya Tours is a micro-tour company specializing in Lake Atitlan Guatemala.
1) What is a micro-tour?
Micro tours as provided by Guatemaya Tours are an up-close and personal experience with Lake Atitlan. The group size is only 10 to 20 people, all of whom share the same joy of life and adventure. These trips are down to earth yet have all the expectations of a trip with friends who are worldly. Great food, modern transportation, comfortable rooms and most importantly, you will travel with a small group of educated and interesting people.
2) Why Lake Atitlan, Guatemala?
Lake Atitlan is renowned as one of the most beautiful lakes in the world, and is Guatemala's most important national and international tourist attraction. It is the deepest lake in Central America, surrounded by towns and villages influenced by the Mayan people. German explorer and naturalist Alexander von Humboldt called it "the most beautiful lake in the world," and Aldous Huxley famously wrote the same sentiment in his 1934 travel book Beyond the Mexique Bay.
3) Why this time of the year?
Your opportunity to see Lake Atitlan on a micro-tour happens only once a year. In January, the weather is clear and warm and the tourists have just departed from the winter break. It is the perfect time of year to escape the colder temperatures of the higher latitudes.
Investment: All prices based on Double Occupancy (Single Occupancy, add $700):
Luxury Pool House: Penthouse Suite $2,750 per person. King bed or two singles; private bath, walk in closet, sitting area, writing desk, wet-bar, large private deck, expansive views.
Luxury Pool House: King Suite $2650 per person. King bed or two singles; private bath, large shared deck, shared sitting area, expansive views
Luxury Pool House: Jack and Jill 1: $2500 per person. King bed or two singles; shared sitting area, wardrobe, shared bath with Jack and Jill 2.
Luxury Pool House: Jack and Jill 2: $2500 per person. King bed or two singles; shared sitting area, wardrobe, shared bath with Jack and Jill 1.
Luxury Pool House: Main floor suite: $2400 per person. Queen bed. Private bath, desk/writing area, wardrobe.
Pay your $500 deposit to reserve your space, which will be applied to the total. We will email payment links after verifying your housing choices. Half of the price is due by 9/30/18 (no refunds after that date), and the balance by 12/31/18.
Questions? Message [email protected] with your phone number and he will call you to discuss!
Included in the Ticket Price:
* All Trip arrangements, Hosts and services as provided by KSB Inc. BELLATAZZA, PJ Fritchman and Stewart Fritchman.
* 16 hours a day in-country consierge service by Hosts or assignees.
* All ground transportation to and from Lake Atitlan in a micro-bus.
* All nightly lodging at Lake Atitlan at either the Luxury Pool House or Alternate Lodging.
* All food and non-alcoholic beverages while in transit from the airport to and from Lake Atitlan as well as all food and non-alcoholic beverages while at lake Atitlan both in house and out. This will include up to three meals a day plus well stocked snacks and a bar at the Luxury Pool House.
* A well provisioned house bar with local favorites.
* Access to all Luxury Pool House amenities as provided by the homeowner, manager or representatives.
* All scheduled Yoga classes by Suzie Newcome and/or PJ Fritchman.
* All water transportation while at Lake Atitlan.
* All guides, translators, staff and chauffeurs.
* All scheduled activities and privileges including but not limited to stand-up-paddle boards, kayak rentals, park and museum entrance fees, zip lines, women’s weaving co-op tour.
* Tortilla making lessons.
* Authentic cultural experiences with the Mayan community.
* Coffee, tea, juice and water.
* Gratuities for local guides.
NOT included in Tickets:
* Airfare to and from Guatemala City.
* Passports and associated travel/baggage fees to/from Guatemala city.
* Transportation to/from US based airports.
* Medical or Medicine needs.
* Meals in Airports.
* ADDITIONAL Gratuities for local guides.
* Special food needs not provided for the group.
* Special transportation or accommodations due to missed/delayed flights or personal choices to separate from the group.
* Additional alcohol not provided in house.